During the construction years, boat and airplane were the primary forms to transport workers to various job sites along the Project. A junker flew workers and equipment into West Tahtsa Lake camp, and Sikorsky and Bell helicopters were put into constant service wherever needed. The Union Steamships Limited, Queen Charlotte Airlines Limited later Pacific Western Airlines, and the Canadian Pacific steamships Princess Norah and Princess Patricia all included Kitimat in their regular runs up and down the B.C. coast. Kitimat Constructors purchased the MV Nechako in 1952 for transporting construction personnel between Butedale, Prince Rupert, and Kitimat. In 1954 the motor vessel, skippered by Captain Bill Cogswell, began regular trips ferrying construction personnel and freight between Kitimat and Kemano.