The Surf Inlet Gold Mine was located on Princess Royal Island above Surf Inlet. Limited production began in 1902 and then ceased in 1905. The mine reopened production in 1917, after major development occurred. It was then operated by the Tonapah Belmont Development Company of Philadelphia. The mine closed in 1926. Three mines were opened in 1934 by Surf Inlet Consolidated Gold Mines, including the Surf Inlet Mine, the Pugsley Mine and the Belmont Mine. These closed permanently in 1943.
Donated by Bulkley Valley Museum/Dirk Mendel
Scope and Content
Folder containing stack of production statistics/power consumption documents from the Surf Inlet Consolodated Gold Mines Ltd from the years 1940-42.